JUNE 21 - AUGUST 19
Apply now to join the Nature Nuts community as an Outdoor Volunteer! This is a great opportunity to be part of a team committed to building safe and inclusive environments for young people in outdoor environments.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Outdoor Volunteers work with a team of staff to facilitate an 8:30AM to 6PM summer day camp program for Kitsap County youth entering K-3. Outdoor Volunteers help lead traditional camp activities such as arts & crafts, beach time, and active games. They also help create programming around a theme that changes week to week and participate in daily field expeditions to parks on and near Bainbridge Island. Outdoor Volunteers are supervised by the Program Manager and perform other duties as assigned.
Become a leader on our team where we promote a continuous learning environment and career opportunities. This is a position for up to 30 hours per week.
Peacock Family Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Supervises a group of 3-10 day camp participants.
- Ensures that all participants are accounted for and safe at all times.
- Facilitates program activities that are developmentally appropriate and that promote participant skill and character development.
- Leads and assists with facilitation of camp events.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness standards.
- Ensures individual participant health needs or concerns are being met on a daily basis.
- Communicates personal or participant needs to Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintains equipment in sound and safe order.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows Peacock Family Services' policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Current state approved CPR and first aid certifications (WFA or WFR preferred).
- Current Washington state food handler's permit.
- Ability to pass a Department of Early Learning background check.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- One or more years of college preferred.
- Experience working with youth K-3 preferred.
- Ability to participate in activities that involve rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting, including, but not limited to, hiking, boating, swimming, etc.
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Values: Strengthens our culture by demonstrating the values of Peacock Family Services - inclusiveness, health, and community - in every aspect of work.
- Inclusion: Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Develop Self & Others: Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
- Quality Results: Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and participants), philanthropy, finance, and volunteerism.
- Inspire Others: Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently demonstrating a high level of emotional maturity, maintaining a positive attitude, and building strong relationships.